The Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation offers Floor-Barre® Certification online. When it is safe to travel we will resume our travel schedule ~ tri-annually every summer in Europe (July), in New York City (August) and in Latin America (February). Join Camille Rommett and the Floor-Barre® Mentors, who travel from around the world, for a unique opportunity to share the originator of Floor-Barre®, Zena Rommett’s insights and teachings of the world renowned and respected Floor-Barre® Technique.
Zena revolutionized dance training with her gentle, yet highly effective, therapeutic method. Floor-Barre® utilizes the floor, without the pressure of gravity, to correct and refine body alignment, strengthen joints, as well as addressing musculoskeletal functions. A pioneer in injury prevention and rehabilitation, Zena Rommett’s work is recommended by notable medical practitioners.
If after a year that you have been certified, and you decide that you would like to continue teaching Floor-Barre®, the expectation of Floor-Barre® teachers is that they return to reflect, refresh and review their practices, under the guidance of Camille Rommett and the Floor-Barre® Mentors. The payment schedule is halved and reduced over the years to make it affordable.
The Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation receives requests for Floor-Barre® instructors internationally. Floor-Barre® teachers have their own page on the Floor-Barre® website with their contact information. Enrollment is limited. For more information contact: CamilleRommett@Floor-Barre.org.
Teachers with valid and current certification may then legally teach Zena Rommett’s copyrighted© material world-wide on their own reconnaissance and legally use the registered trademark® of Floor-Barre® held by Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation, provided that the following conditions are met:
1) Floor-Barre® teacher must be certified by The Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation during the tri-annual summer Certifications.
2) A Floor-Barre® teacher, after initial certification, must renew certification in February, July or August if he or she intends to teach Floor-Barre® anytime on his or her own reconnaissance during the twelve months following.
3) Non-renewal of certification for more than one year renders certification out of date and the teacher’s certification would be deemed inactive.
4) A Floor-Barre® teacher must acknowledge Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundationas trademark-holder and copyright-owner in all advertisements, schedules and announcements. Suggested wording: “John Doe is an active, certified Floor-Barre® teacher in good standing with Floor-Barre® Foundation, the registered trademark holder under US Patent Law, teaching copyrighted curriculum, Zena Rommett, Copyright-owner.”
5) Floor-Barre® teacher must maintain an active web link with the Zena Rommett website so that a representative of Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation may from time to time observe such public classes.
6) All movement/written material for Floor-Barre® is copyrighted under copyright laws. The term (or any variant) of Floor-Barre® and copyrighted material© are the sole property of the Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation and can be used only with written permission from Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
- Tuition $1350
- 2nd & 3rd year fees $700
- 4th years fees $ 575
- 5th through 10+ $500, includes the Pre-Certification Intensive fee
- Pre-Certification Intensive (PCI) is required for first time participants and for those who let their certification lapse
- PCI Fee $300
- 2nd year + Pre-Certification Intensive Fee $150
- For 1st and 2nd year participants ~ Required three 6-hour online refresher
- Sunday course during the year $600
$500.00 – $700.00
$150.00 – $300.00