The Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation offers Floor-Barre® Certification tri-annually every winter in Latin America and every summer in Europe (July), in New York City (August) and in Latin America (February). Join Camille Rommett and the Floor-Barre® Mentors, who travel from around the world, for a unique opportunity to share the originator of Floor-Barre®, Zena Rommett’s insights and teachings of the world renowned and respected Floor-Barre® Technique.
Zena revolutionized dance training with her gentle, yet highly effective, therapeutic method. Floor-Barre® utilizes the floor, without the pressure of gravity, to correct and refine body alignment, strengthen joints, as well as addressing musculoskeletal functions. A pioneer in injury prevention and rehabilitation, Zena Rommett’s work is recommended by notable medical practitioners.
If after a year that you have been certified, and you decide that you would like to continue teaching Floor-Barre®, the expectation of Floor-Barre® teachers is that they return to reflect, refresh and review their practices, under the guidance of Camille Rommett and the Floor-Barre® Mentors. The payment schedule is halved and reduced over the years to make it affordable. We will fast-forward the fee structure so that within a reasonable number of years instead of paying into the certification sessions, Floor-Barre® Mentors are compensated.
The Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation receives requests for Floor-Barre® instructors internationally. Floor-Barre® teachers have their own page on the Floor-Barre® website with their contact information. Enrollment is limited. For more information contact: CamilleRommett@Floor-Barre.org.
Teachers with valid and current certification may then legally teach Zena Rommett’s copyrighted© material world-wide on their own reconnaissance and legally use the registered trademark® of Floor-Barre® held by Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation, provided that the following conditions are met:
1) Floor-Barre® teacher must be certified by The Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation during the tri-annual summer Certifications.
2) A Floor-Barre® teacher, after initial certification, must renew certification in February, July or August if he or she intends to teach Floor-Barre® anytime on his or her own reconnaissance during the twelve months following.
3) Non-renewal of certification for more than one year renders certification out of date and the teacher’s certification would be deemed inactive.
4) A Floor-Barre® teacher must acknowledge Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundationas trademark-holder and copyright-owner in all advertisements, schedules and announcements. Suggested wording: “John Doe is an active, certified Floor-Barre® teacher in good standing with Floor-Barre® Foundation, the registered trademark holder under US Patent Law, teaching copyrighted curriculum, Zena Rommett, Copyright-owner.”
5) Floor-Barre® teacher must maintain an active web link with the Zena Rommett website so that a representative of Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation may from time to time observe such public classes.
6) All movement/written material for Floor-Barre® is copyrighted under copyright laws. The term (or any variant) of Floor-Barre® and copyrighted material© are the sole property of the Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation and can be used only with written permission from Zena Rommett Floor-Barre Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
Europe: $900 (four days)
East Coat / West Coast: $975 (four days)
Mexico: $825 (four days)
Pre-Certification Intensive (PCI): Required for first time participants and for those that let their certification expire for a year or longer
PCI Fee: $225
Refresher PCI Fee: $112.50 for participants re-certifying.
- Europe: ~ DTBD
- East Coast / West Coast: ~ DTBD
- Mexico: ~ DTBD
Continual certification is available
- 2nd & 3rd year: $ 450 USD
- 4th year: $ 412.50 USD
- 5th to 10th year: $ 375 USD Includes PCI Fee.
$375.00 – $450.00
$112.50 – $225.00